Google has released factory images and OTA files for the November Android security patches for currently supported Pixel and Nexus devices. New Android 8.0 Oreo images have arrived for the Google Pixel 2, Google Pixel and Pixel XL, Pixel C, Nexus 6P, Nexus 5X and Nexus Player. For some reason, Google has yet to release the November security patch for the Pixel 2 XL.
Below are the download links for the new November 2017 files:
- Google Pixel 2 – OPD1.170816.018 (factory image, OTA)
- Google Pixel – OPR1.170623.032 (factory image, OTA)
- Google Pixel XL – OPR3.170623.013 (factory image, OTA)
- Google Pixel C – OPR1.170623.032 (factory image, OTA)
- Nexus 6P – OPR5.170623.011 (factory image, OTA)
- Nexus 5X – OPR6.170623.023 (factory image, OTA)
- Nexus Player – OPR2.170623.027 (factory image, OTA)
Need some help with installing a factory image or OTA on your Android device? We have a guide for that. If you don’t need to have the latest patch right away, you can also wait for the OTA to roll out to your device, which should happen in the next couple of days.
Google has also released a new Android security bulletin, detailing all the vulnerabilities that have been patched with this November update. This month, the issue with the most critical security vulnerability that has been fixed was found in the Media framework. It could have enabled a remote attacker to launch code with a specially crafted file. However, none of the issues that have been fixed in this update has been reported to be actively used in the wild.
Powered by WPeMatico