This began rolling out yesterday and also delivers “network performance enhancements, stability improvements, other various updates and fixes.” The update comes in at between 377 MB and 386 MB in size and you can look out for it arriving OTA to your device in the coming days.
Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Android update tracker page. This page covers all major U.S. carriers with a quick reference table for each and a log with links to further details. It will be regularly updated with the latest Galaxy Note 8 update information, but note that we won’t be covering general security patches in our list.
We recommend you bookmark this page so you can stay up to date with the very latest updates.
Samsung Galaxy Note 8 Android update
The Galaxy Note 8 was released in September, 2017 running Android 7.1.1 Nougat and is expected to be one of the first Samsung phones to receive Android Oreo. When this will happen we don’t know, and we can’t draw on the Galaxy Note 7‘s update timeline for an indication either (it was abandoned before it received its first major update).
An Oreo beta for the Samsung Galaxy S8 landed recently, but it’s unlikely that we’ll see something similar for the Note 8. Given Samsung’s recent rollout history, you’ll be lucky to see the final version of Oreo land before the end of 2017.
So far, the Galaxy Note 8 has only received one significant Android update and this rolled out just ahead of its official release to improve the camera software and wireless charging.
Galaxy Note 8 update US
|Samsung Galaxy Note 8 updates – US||Android 7.1.1||Android 8.0|
Verizon Galaxy Note 8 (SM-N950UZ*AVZW) update:
- September 15, 2017, Verizon is rolling out a day-one patch to the Note 8 to improve GPS signal strength and Swype word prediction accuracy.
AT&T Galaxy Note 8 (SM-N950UZ*AATT) update:
- November 14, 2017, AT&T is rolling out an update that includes network performance enhancements, stability improvements, and patches for the KRACK and BlueBorne vulnerabilities.
T-Mobile Galaxy Note 8 update (SM-N950UZ*ATMB:
- September 15, 2017, T-Mobile rolls out a day-one patch with stability improvements and bug fixes.
Sprint Galaxy Note 8 update (SM-N950UZ*ASPR):
- September 15, 2017, Sprint improves GPS accuracy for Google maps and rolls out some stability improvements.
International Samsung Galaxy Note 8 update:
- September 13, 2017: Samsung is rolling out firmware version N950FXXU1AQI1 with improvements to the camera software and wireless charging.
If you’ve received an update we’ve missed, hit the comments below or Tip Us!
Powered by WPeMatico