The rollout’s March 19th schedule had been previously hinted at by Samsung Canada and then later confirmed by Rogers. With that in mind, it seems likely that the rumored March 28th Oreo rollout for the Note 8 is also accurate.
Update (03/19): The Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus Oreo update has now been spotted on Sprint and T-Mobile devices. The update was pointed out on Twitter, Reddit and by TmoNews (via PhoneArena) within the last couple of days, and it makes these US carriers the second and third to roll out Oreo (following Verizon last week).
The updates come in at around 1.5 GB and deliver the Samsung Experience 9.0 UI. They also include the February Android security patches, as well as anticipated Oreo features like picture-in-picture mode, advanced notifications, and adaptive icons (along with any homegrown additions T-Mobile or Sprint may have bundled in).
If you haven’t received the update yet, head to your phone’s Settings > Software update page and hit “Check for updates” to try and retrieve it.
When we see it Oreo roll out with AT&T, we’ll let you know, or if you see it sooner, don’t forget to tip us.
Original article: Welcome to the Samsung Galaxy S8 and Samsung Galaxy S8 Plus Android update tracker page. This page covers all major U.S. carriers with a quick reference table for each and a log with links to further details. It will be regularly updated with the latest Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus update information.
The Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus receive their updates simultaneously – or at least very close together. For this reason, they both appear here on this update page. Also, note that we won’t be covering general security patches in our list.
We recommend you bookmark this page so you can stay up to date with the very latest updates.
Samsung Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus Android Oreo update
The Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus arrived in April 2017 running Android 7.0 Nougat with Samsung’s Grace UX skin. Since release, the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus have received a few updates in the US, mainly to address bugs and other issues (such as the red screen problem) and to improve its Bixby functionality.
On February 8, 2018, after an extensive beta period, Android Oreo was reported to be rolling out to the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus in Germany. Samsung hit the brakes on the rollout on February 14 due to unexpected reboots. Samsung resumed the update on February 22, before it started showing up on carrier-branded devices in the US in March.
Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus update US
|Samsung Galaxy S8 / S8 Plus updates – US||Android 7.0||Android 8.0|
First carrier to roll it out for the S8 and S8 Plus: Verizon (207 days).
Verizon Galaxy S8 (G950V) and Galaxy S8 Plus (SM-G955V) update:
- March 16, 2018, Verizon is rolling out Oreo to its Galaxy S8 devices.
- June 12, 2017, Verizon rolls out upgrades to the Bixby digital assistant and SD card functionality, as appeared in May for Sprint and T-Mobile owners.
- May 12, 2017, Verizon deploys update for the Galaxy S8 red display issue.
AT&T Galaxy S8 (SM-G950A) and Galaxy S8 Plus (SM-G955A) update:
- December 11, 2017: AT&T rolls out an update adding new Mobile Hotspot APN, HDR API support for DirecTV, and enhancements to the Bring Your Own Device (BYOD) experience. This also includes the Android security patches for November.
- June 14, 2017: AT&T becomes the last major US carrier to roll out fixes for a micro SD card problem, as well as Bixby improvements.
- May 9, 2017: Red screen fix rolls out to AT&T Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus owners.
T-Mobile Galaxy S8 (SM-G950T) and Galaxy S8 Plus (SM-G955T) update:
- March 19, 2018, T-Mobile rolls out Oreo to the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus.
- May 9, 2017: Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus owners on T-Mobile receive red display tint fix.
- May 7, 2017: T-Mobile rolls out an update to improve SD card stability on the S8 and S8 Plus, as well as a small Bixby upgrade.
Sprint Galaxy S8 (SM-G950P) and Galaxy S8 Plus (SM-G955P) update:
- March 18, 2018, Sprint rolls out Oreo to the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus.
- May 7, 2017: Sprint starts rolling out Bixby and SD card improvements alongside T-Mobile.
International Galaxy S8 (SM-G950F/FD, SM-G950W) and Galaxy S8 Plus (SM-G955F/FD, SM-950W) update:
- March 16, 2018: According to at least one Android Authority reader, the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus on O2 in the U.K. are now receiving their Android 8.0 Oreo updates.
- March 12, 2018: Samsung Canada announced that Canadian variants of the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus will receive their Oreo updates on March 19.
- December 20, 2017: Samsung rolls out a minor update including the December Android security patches in South Korea.
- May 1, 2017: A fix for the Galaxy S8 and S8 Plus red screen problem arrives in India.
- April 29, 2017: Red screen issue fix rolls out in Europe.
- March 9, 2017: Candian carriers Telus and Bell roll out red tint display fix.
If you’ve received an update we’ve missed, hit the comments below or tip us!
Powered by WPeMatico