Xiaomi has launched the Redmi 5 in India. First launched in China in December last year, the Redmi 5 comes in three memory and storage variants. Xiaomi has flooded the budget smartphone segment in India with a device (or a variant) at every ₹1000 or so – sometimes even more than one offering at a price-point.
Redmi 5 Specifications
- Operating System: Android 7.1 Nougat with MIUI 9
- Display: 5.7-inch HD+ (720 x 1440) LCD | 18:9 aspect ratio
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 450
- RAM: 2/3/4 GB
- Storage: 16/32/64 GB; expandable up to 128 GB
- Rear Camera: 12 MP with LED flash| f/2.2 aperture | PDAF | 1.25μm pixel size
- Front Camera: 5 MP with soft-light flash | Beautify 3.0
- Battery: 3300 mAh
- Dimensions: 151.8 x 72.8 x 7.7mm
- Weight: 157 grams
Available in three color variants – Rose Gold, Gold, Black, and Lake Blue, the 2 GB + 16 GB variant of the Redmi 5 is priced at ₹7,999 ($123), the 3 GB + 32 GB variant is priced at ₹8,999 ($139), while the top-of-the-line 4 GB + 64 GB variant is priced at ₹10,999 ($170). The Redmi 5 comes with a bundled ultra-slim case free of cost for added protection.
The device will be exclusively available on Amazon.in weekly — the first sale begins at 12 PM on March 20 — apart from Xiaomi’s own mi.com online store and Mi Home exclusive stores.
Redmi 5 continues the Xiaomi tradition of offering a well-rounded budget smartphone that works for most people, but Android Nougat on a 2018 smartphone still leaves a sour taste. What are your thoughts on the new Redmi 5 and would you want to pick one up? Tell us in the comments!
Powered by WPeMatico