Xiaomi has announced the launch of its new budget smartphone in the bestselling Redmi series, the Redmi 5A.
Xiaomi has launched two memory variants of the Redmi 5A – one with 2 GB RAM and 16 GB internal storage and the second with 3 GB RAM and 32 GB of internal storage.
We strongly believe that the best of technology should be made accessible to as many people as possible, because technology can improve lives. With Redmi 5A we take another step in offering a great all-round experience for users looking for their first smartphone. We believe Redmi 5A is the smartphone for everyone.
– Manu Jain, Vice President, Xiaomi and Managing Director, Xiaomi India
Xiaomi Redmi 5A Specifications
- Operating System: MIUI 9
- Display: 5” HD (1280 x 720)
- Processor: Qualcomm Snapdragon 425 quad-core | 1.4GHz max – 64-bit | Adreno 308 GPU
- RAM: 2/3 GB
- Internal Storage: 16/32 GB storage; expandable up to 128 GB with a microSD card
- Battery: 3,000 mAh
- Rear Camera: 13 MP with LED flash | ƒ/2.2 aperture | 1.12 μm pixel size | PDAF
- Front Camera: 5 MP | ƒ/2.0 aperture | 1.12 μm
- Dimensions: 140 x 70.1 x 8.35 mm
- Weight: 137g
The 2 GB + 16 GB variant of the Redmi 5A is priced at ₹4,999 ($78) while the 3 GB + 32 GB variant is priced at ₹6,999 ($109). The price of the lower spec’d variant is discounted for first million units, post which the price will be ₹5,999. The Redmi 5A is available in three color variants – Dark Grey, Gold, and Rose Gold – and will go on sale on Mi.com, Flipkart, and Mi Homes across the country starting December 7 at 12 noon, and soon across Xiaomi’s offline partners.
Redmi 5A is a successor to the popular Redmi 4A which sold four million units within eight months of its launch, and looks like Xiaomi has got another winner on its hands. What do you think of the Redmi 5A, and would you like to pick one up?
Powered by WPeMatico