Welcome to our Brawl Stars update hub! We’ll be collecting all of the official balance changes and updates for Brawl Stars as they’re released by Finnish giant Supercell.
If you can’t get enough Brawl Stars, be sure to bookmark this page to stay up-to-date on the latest buffs, nerfs, new game modes, and new brawlers added to the game. Below you’ll find the most recent update, followed by a list of new brawlers as they’re released. Previous Brawl Stars updates can be found at the end of the page.
Get brawlin’ with some of our other Brawl Stars content:
- Brawl Stars review: Good now, great in a few months
- Brawl Stars tips and tricks: How to fight your way to the top!
- Brawl Stars makes $10 million in its first week, but is well behind launch of Clash Royale
Can’t get enough Supercell? Check out our update hubs for Supercell’s other hit games:
- Clash Royale update hub: All updates and new cards
- Clash of Clans update hub: All the latest buffs, nerfs, and new troops!
Brawl Stars update: The latest
Rosa Balance update overview
Release date: April 30, 2019
Less than a week after her release, the latest melee Brawler Rosa is being taken down a peg. Her super has proved to be too powerful, so this Brawl Stars update hits both its duration and damage reduction.
Rosa Balance update patch notes
- Super Shield damage reduction reduced to 70% (down from 80%).
- Super Shield duration reduced to 4 seconds (from 6 seconds).
- Fixed a bug with Enemy Rosa’s shield effect not being displayed correctly.
New Brawlers in Brawl Stars
Like new troops in Clash of Clans and new cards in Clash Royale, Supercell releases new brawlers in Brawl Stars from time to time. Below you’ll find all of the new brawlers released since the game’s global release in reverse chronological order.
New Brawler — Rosa
This boxing botanist will plant her feet and go toe to toe! Her Super gives her tough, vegan protective gear.
Release date: April 26, 2019
- Rare Brawler announced in the April update.
- Similar play style as Primo.
Main attack – Hands of Stone
- Rosa releases a flurry of punches.
- Close range only.
Super – Strong Stuff
- Rosa creates a tough second skin of vines,
- Prevents 80% of incoming damage (later reduced to 70%).
- Lasts 6 seconds (later reduced to 4 seconds).
Star Power – Plant Life
- Rosa regains health while inside bushes.
New Brawler — Carl
Carl is a pickaxe wielding miner that drives around in a mining cart. He only has one ammo, and his super sends him flying into enemies!
Release date: March 22, 2019
- Super Rare Brawler announced in February update.
- Short range Brawler with just one ammo.
Main Attack – Pickaxe
- Carl throws his Pickaxe, consuming his only ammo.
- Pickaxe bounces off obstacles, returning to Carl after bouncing.
- Upon returning, ammo is restored.
- Can hit enemies twice per shot.
Super Attack – Tailspin
- Carl spins around in his mine cart, damaging nearby enemies.
New Brawler — Gene
Gene uses his magic lamp to shoot a splitting projectile. His super is a magical hand that grabs and pulls enemies close!
Release date: February 15, 2019
- Long range supportive Brawler.
Main attack – Smoke Blast
- Shoots a ball of smoke from his lamp.
- If it doesn’t hit, it splits and spreads in a cone.
Super – Magic Hand
- Launches a magic hand from his lamp.
- Pulls first enemy hit back to Gene.
New Brawler — Leon
Leon shoots a quick salvo of blades at his target. His Super trick is a smoke bomb that makes him invisible for a little while!
Release date: December 5, 2018
- Legendary brawler released with December update.
Main Attack – Leaf Blades
- Main attack fires four blades that do increased damage to close targets.
Super – Smoke Bomb
- Super makes him invisible for a brief amount of time.
- Taking damage while Super is active will briefly reveal Leon.
- Attacking will permanently remove the invisibility.
- Nearby enemy brawlers will be able to see him, but turrets and pets will not.
Star Power – Smoke Trails
- Increased movement speed when Super is active.
Brawl Stars Update History
Brawl Stars April update overview
Release date: April 15, 2019
This Brawl Stars update brings some long overdue changes to competitive ranking system, including changes targeted specifically at teamers in Showdown. This should improve gameplay experience across all game modes.
There’s also a new melee Brawler in town: Rosa! She’s similar to Primo, but with a new shield mechanic for her Super. She should give players who like to get up close and personal another great option for battle. Look for her to be released soon after the patch hits.
Brawl Stars April update patch notes
New Rare Brawler – Rosa (released April 26)
- Main attack – Hands of Stone
- Flurry of punches.
- Super – Strong Stuff
- Rosa creates a tough second skin of vines, preventing 80% of incoming damage for 6 seconds.
- Star Power – Plant Life
- Rosa regains health while inside bushes.
- Celebrate Easter with Bunny Penny.
- Celebrate Golden Week with Shiba Nita.
New Maps & Dynamic Map Element
- Gem Grab: Minecart Madness.
- Carts travel on the railroads on certain intervals.
- Carts block shots, deal damage and push back Brawlers when hit.
- Showdown: Flying Fantasies(with Launch Pads!), Royal Runway.
- Brawl Ball: Center Stage.
- Siege: Junk Park, Sparring Match, Straight Shot, Assembly Attack.
- Boss Fight: Danger Zone.
- Changes to discourage teaming in Showdown:
- Meteors now target grouped players with better logic and the Meteor explosion radius is bigger.
- Healing mushrooms and Energy Drinks are now more likely to spawn farther from grouped players.
- Bolts now spawn closer to the middle.
- Frank’s stun only works for a split second on the IKE.
- IKE no longer creates area damage with its projectile.
- IKE projectile now homes to the target (but not against flying units).
- Some homescreen Buttons Moved into Menu.
- Watch high-level gameplay live on Brawl TV.
- Preview and test new brawlers in the Training Cave.
- Added Polish and Hebrew languages.
- Name Change for Gems – First is free! Then 60, 90, 120, 150 Gems for each consecutive change.
- New Menu background and music for Golden Week event (coming soon).
- Slightly more difficult matchmaking for teams.
- Support for color tags removed (color codes can be removed with one free name change) Players have an option to pick a color from their profile screen.
- Tutorial improvements.
- Improved poor connection symbol display during battle.
- Increased Super button’s tappable area.
- Spawn the second Gem in Gem Grab later.
- Shows Star Icon under Pets if they are affected by Star Power.
Character Sounds & Visuals
- In-game model rework, New Effects and Projectiles.
- Audio Voice Overs.
- New attack projectile.
- New effects and projectiles for Little Helper Penny skin.
- New animation for Boombox Brock skin.
- Effects polished.
- New main attack effect.
- New projectile for Golden Barley skin.
- Robo Rumble: Fixed an issue in Robo Rumble where the enraged melee robots were not hitting the safe.
- Brawl Ball: Fixed an issue that caused Ball to bounce from walls that were destroyed while the ball was moving after a kick.
- Brawl Ball: Own goal is attributed to the last player from the opposing team to touch the ball.
- Brawl Ball: When Penny’s Star Powered Mortar explodes after a goal it no longer shoots out cannon balls.
- Fixed an issue that prevented spectating while ready in a game room.
- Fixed double rank up token reward not being visualized correctly in the battle end screen.
- Fixed an issue that caused a player to be unable to reject/accept Game Room join requests.
- Fixed an issue that caused online time for new Club members to be shown as “< 1 month ago>”.
- Fixed an issue that caused Club member statuses to not update instantly.
- Matchmaking hints are no longer displayed for unreleased Brawlers.
- Season end trophy decay handling improved.
- Fixed a bug where you could end up having the super button stuck down if you shot your super the exact same time when you got hit by a pushback.
- Pet spawning will occur even if the Brawler dies while activating Super.
Character Balance & Bug Fixes
- Increased main attack damage from 280 to 300.
- Increased super damage from 280 to 300.
- Increased poison damage per second from 70 to 75.
- Increased boomerang speed by 25%.
- Increased Super duration from 2.5 sec to 3.0 sec.
- Stuns, pushbacks and pulls now interrupt Carl’s Super ability.
- Fixed a bug causing Carl to not reload when the boomerang returned.
- Carl no longer has a reload animation when he spawns.
- Carl’s Pickaxe now returns even if Carl dies when the Pickaxe is flying towards the target.
Increased health from 4000 to 4200.
- Increased main attack range from 7.33 tiles to 7.67 tiles.
- Increased main attack projectile speed by 5%.
- Increased the number of Bombs dropped from Super from 3 to 4.
- Increased Super Bomb damage from 800 to 900.
- Bombs now spread on a little bit larger area (+10% diameter).
- Fixed a bug that allowed Gene to pull the Robot boss so that it got stuck in Boss Fight.
- Fixed a bug that caused Gene’s pull to stick enemies inside walls when pulling close to an indestructible wall.
- Fixed a bug that didn’t allow Gene to pull enemies with his Magic Hand while being poisoned by a lvl 10 Crow.
- When a pulled enemy dies during the pull the hand no longer destroys the environment.
- When Gene is pulling a target with his Magic Hand the target cannot be pulled by another Gene.
- Quickfire now takes into account the added range from the projectile splitting.
- Decreased main attack damage from 260 to 240.
- Decreased health from 4400 to 4300.
- When Nita and her Bear and Pam attack Pam’s Healing Stations they now receive the star power healing effect.
Decreased Super Invisibility time from 8.0 sec to 7.0 sec.
Quickfire now takes into account the added range from the projectile splitting.
Increased Super healing from 1840 to 2100.
Brawl Stars update: February update
Release date: February 27, 2019
The February Brawl Stars update brings yet another new Brawler and a brand new game mode. Carl is a unique Brawler with just one ammo slot that replenishes when his flying Pickaxe returns. It passes through enemies and comes back upon reaching max range or bouncing off of an obstacle.
The new game mode, Siege, introduces a few new elements of strategy that enables a variety of Brawlers to get into the action. It features two teams of three that vie to collect Bolts in the middle of the map to send a massive Robo towards the enemy cannon. Check out the full patch notes below!
Brawl Stars February update patch notes
New Brawler – Carl
- New Super Rare Brawler to be released in mid-March.
- Throws a Pickaxe that passes through enemies.
- Has just once ammo, which is not consumed when kicking the ball in Brawl Ball.
- Super sends him spinning into enemies, dealing AoE damage.
New game mode – Siege
- New 3v3 game mode with 3 unique maps.
- Each team has a powerful long-range cannon, dealing massive damage.
- Teams collect Bolts in the middle of the map.
- At certain intervals the team with the most Bolts spawns a powerful Robo to attack the enemy cannon.
- Gives double trophies, exp, and rewards due to longer game time.
New skin – Night Witch Mortis
- New skin to celebrate the anniversary of the Clash Royale release.
Game mode balance
- Safe health increased to 40000 (up from 36000).
- Enraged robots will target the safe only.
- Healing Mushrooms heal for less later in the game.
- Item pickup range increased to 1.33 tiles (from 1 tile).
Maps and event rotation
- 4 new Showdown maps added.
- 7 new Gem Grab maps added.
- 1 new Brawl Ball map added.
- New map element – Launch Pads – added.
- Showdown now only appears in event slot 2.
- Siege added to event slot 4.
- All rotations adjusted.
Visual effects and sounds
- New visuals for several Brawlers:
- Royal Agent Colt.
- New sounds:
- Gene voice over added.
- New Clash Royale Birthday music added.
- Meteor volume reduced.
Quality of life improvements and bug fixes
- Brawlers now sortable in selection screen.
- Do not disturb mode added to mute invites during a session.
- Fixed a bug hiding teammate respawn timers.
- Fixed in-game hud element bugs.
- Fixed a bug causing boss to get stuck in Boss Fight.
- Fixed a bug where bots in a friendly game didn’t have max power level.
- Main attack damage increased to 680 (up from 640).
- Super damage increased to 680 (up from 640).
- Main attack damage increased to 500 (up from 480).
- Star power healing increased to 200 per second (up from 100).
- Super projectile size increased to 200 (up from 150).
- Super now deals no damage.
- Super now travels through walls.
- Super now charges 30% faster.
- Star power healing no longer shown to enemies.
- Main attack reload time decreased to 1.4 seconds (down from 1.5).
- Main attack damage in close range decreased to 440 (down from 460).
- Number of shuriken hits to charge super in close range increased to 9 (up from 8).
- Star power healing reduced to 1400 (down from 1800).
- Main attack reload time increased to 1.3 seconds (up from 1.2).
- Super autocharge time increased to 30 seconds (up from 20).
Brawl Stars update: January update
Released: January 28, 2019
The first major Brawl Stars update since the global release is here! It mostly contains tweaks to brawler balance and a few notable nerfs. The newest brawler Leon is finally being taken down a peg, with nerfs to both his Super duration and close range damage.
The biggest changes are to the maps themselves. Green bushes no longer respawn on any maps, which will have a major impact on close range brawlers. There are a few smaller adjustments to other game modes, like Bounty game duration, Brawl Ball spawn location, and Showdown poison damage.
On top of all of this, there are several new skins to celebrate the Lunar New Year, as well as a new Brawler coming soon. Best of all though, there are economy changes that increase player token limits to 200 and lower the gem cost of Star Powers.
Brawl Stars January update patch notes
New Brawler – Gene
- Gene is a ranged support Brawler.
- Gene’s Super pulls an enemy to his location with a magical hand from his lamp.
- Gene will be released some time mid-February.
- Three new Lunar Brawl skins
- Dumpling Darryl.
- Lion Dance Brock.
- Royal Agent Colt.
- Football Bull.
- Serenade Poco.
- Popcorn Rico.
Updated character models and skins
- Pink Spike skin replaced with Sakura Spike.
Game mode balance changes
All game modes
- Green bushes no longer regrow after 35 seconds.
- Exploded environment elements no longer leave one-tile gaps.
- Spawn location moved inside the goal.
- Kicking the ball now consumes ammo.
- Kicking the ball with Super does not consume ammo.
- Space behind the goal removed on all maps.
- Player names now empty over 300 trophies instead of displaying “???”.
- Poison no longer deals damage instantly upon spawning or growing.
- Game length reduced to 2 minutes (from 2.5 minutes).
- Now shows when the next Boss rage stage begins.
- One additional rage stage added.
- Now displays difficulty setting while in-game.
- Player respawn time increased by 2 seconds.
- Player respawn time increased by 2 seconds.
- Safe health increased to 36000 (from 30000).
That’s all for our Brawl Stars update hub! Be sure to bookmark this article, as we’ll update it over the next few weeks and months with the latest releases! Happy brawling!
Powered by WPeMatico