- A new offer from Chase earns users $25 for paying with Google Pay for in-store purchases.
- You must make three Google Pay purchases sometime in April 2019 in order to earn the reward.
- You can follow the steps below to add your Chase Freedom card to Google Pay.
Chase is currently sending out targeted email offers to people who have at least one Chase Freedom credit card. The offer gives users the ability to earn an easy $25 just by using Google Pay three times throughout April 2019.
Naturally, you’ll have to attach your Chase Freedom card to Google Pay in order to earn the $25 reward.
It appears that the offer is targeting Chase Freedom credit card owners who haven’t linked that card to Google Pay yet. In order to earn the $25, you’ll need to follow a specific list of steps to add your Freedom card to Google Pay, so those of you with a Freedom card already in Google Pay might be out of luck.
Nonetheless, keep an eye on your email to see if you receive the promotion.
Adding your Chase Freedom card to Google Pay in order to earn the $25 reward is a snap. Simply follow the steps below:
- Open up Google Pay and tap the “Payment” button in the bottom menu.
- Tap the blue “+ Payment Method” button and then select “Credit or Debit Card.”
- Snap a photo of your credit card. Do not enter the details manually, as that will not earn you the $25 reward.
- Enter in the three-digit CVV code on the back of your card.
- Make sure your billing info is correct and hit “Save.”
- Accept the terms for adding your Chase card to Google Pay. You’ll also need to verify your identity.
- Once the card is added, make sure you set it as the default payment for in-store purchases.
With your Chase Freedom card set as your default, all you need to do now is make at least three in-store purchases with Google Pay from April 1 through April 30. You’ll receive 2,500 bonus points shortly after April 30 which you can redeem for $25 cash back or apply to any of the other Chase rewards you like.
Remember that Google Pay is now accepted at Target. You can also use Google Pay at pretty much any retailer that accepts contactless payments.
If you need more help on using Google Pay after adding your Chase card, check out our guide below.
NEXT: How to use Google Pay — A step-by-step guide
Powered by WPeMatico