Welcome to our Clash of Clans update hub! We’ll be collecting all of the official balance changes and updates for Clash of Clans as they’re released by the Finnish giant Supercell. Even after 6 years, fans can expect a new Clash of Clans update each month!
Whether you’re a new player or a TH12 veteran, be sure to bookmark this page to stay up-to-date on the latest buffs, nerfs, and new troops announced each month. Below you’ll find the most recent Clash of Clans update, followed by previous updates.
Queen Walk your way through some of our other Clash of Clans content:
- Clash of Clans developer Supercell reveals new game, Brawl Stars
- 10 best kingdom building games like Clash of Clans
Clash of Clans Update: The latest
Clash of Clans update: January Bat Spell balancing
Released: January 7, 2019
The January update is a small one, and it’s focused on a single thing. Despite the nerf in the previous Clash of Clans update, the Bat Spell still remained too powerful in comparison to other spell choices. The number of Bats spawned has been reduced (again) and their first attack delay is longer.
Clash of Clans January Bat Spell balancing patch notes
- Each level of the spell now spawns fewer Bats.
- Level 1: 7 (down from 10).
- Level 2: 9 (down from 12).
- Level 3: 11 (down from 14).
- Level 4: 16 (down from 18).
- Level 5: 21 (down from 22).
- Bat first attack delay increased to 1.5 seconds (from 1.0 second).
- Damage remains unchanged.
Clash of Clans update history
Clash of Clans update: December Balance update overview
Release date: December 12
It looks like the December Clash of Clans update might have needed a bit more tweaking before being released, as the development team has released a balance update just two days after the big one hit. Fans complained, and Supercell responded quickly.
This balance update is entirely focused on two new elements introduced in the December 2018 update. More specifically, it nerfs the new Dark Spell Bats and the new Siege machine the Stone Slammer. See below for the full list of changes introduced in this new Clash of Clans update.
Clash of Clans update: December Balance update patch notes
- Each level of the spell now spawns fewer Bats.
- Level 1: 10 (down from 15).
- Level 2: 12 (down from 18).
- Level 3: 14 (down from 21).
- Level 4: 18 (down from 24).
- Level 5: 22 (down from 27).
- Stone Slammer damage modifier increased to 25x (from 15x).
- Splash damage now falls off with distance.
- Walls immediately adjacent to the target building will always be destroyed.
- HP reduced at levels 2 and 3.
- Level 1: Unchanged.
- Level 2: 5900 (down from 6200).
- Level 3: 6200 (down from 6800).
- Level 3 Siege Workshop now allows 6 Siege Machines to be stored.
- 3 stored as available, 3 in queue.
Clash of Clans update: December 2018 update overview
Release date: December 10
Brace yourselves, because Winter is here, and with it comes a huge amount of new content in Clash of Clans’ new update. The December 2018 update introduces the Ice Golem and Bats, both of which will be familiar to fans of Clash Royale. Plus, there are loads of holiday goodies that will continue to come out over the next month.
Clash of Clans veterans can rejoice with the Stone Slammer, a new siege weapon that’s available at TH12. It drops boulders that deal massive AoE damage to defenses, and like other siege machines, it houses Clan Castle troops to boot!
Clash of Clans update: December 2018 update patch notes
New troop: Ice Golem
- Ice Golem is a Dark Elixir troop available at TH11.
- Requires newly added Dark Barracks level 8 to train.
- Targets defenses and freezes everything he touches.
- Explodes when defeated, freezing nearby buildings.
New Spell: Bats
- Bats is a new Dark Spell available at TH11.
- Requires newly added Dark Spell Factory level 5 to brew.
- Summons 10+ bats anywhere on the battlefield.
- Bats target defenses and do not trigger traps.
New Siege Machine: The Stone Slammer
- The Stone Slammer is available at the newly added Workshop level 3.
- Targets defenses and deals up to 25x damage to walls, depending on distance.
- Once defeated, Clan Castle troops spawn beneath it.
New Magic Item: Shovel of Obstacles
- Shovel of Obstacles allows you to temporarily lift and re-place any obstacle.
- Works on special event obstacles, such as Christmas trees.
- Can hold up to 5 shovels at a time.
New Magic Item: Hero Potion
- Temporarily boosts a Hero’s level by 5.
- Cannot increase past the Hero level limit of your current Town Hall.
Home Village Changes:
- Extra War Layout slots are now available for purchase with gems.
- Siege Machine choice can now be changed before a battle begins.
- Grand Warden mode can now be changed in battle before it has been deployed.
- League Medals over the 2500 cap will be converted into Gems.
- Improved UI for tablets and very wide screen devices.
Builder Base Changes:
- Cannon Cart DPS reduced by 15%.
- Third Cannon Card now available at level 10, down from 16.
- Super P.E.K.K.A. HP reduced by 5%.
- Baby Dragon HP increased by 7.5%.
- Upgrade times for Builder Base troops in Star Laboratory reduced across the board.
- Gem Mine can now be upgraded to level 3 in Builder Hall level 3.
- Fixed a bug in village editor mode.
- Fixed a bug with unarmed traps while scout or wall mode is enabled.
- Wall Wreckers will no longer get stuck on decorations.
- Fixed a visual bug with the Clan Castle badge.
- Donating Siege Machines now contributes 30 housing space to Clan Games tasks.
- Fixed a bug when choosing your name during the tutorial.
- Clock Tower boosts will now remain paused after maintenance.
- Fixed a bug where defensive buildings were not displaying their proper level in the Builder Base while under construction before battle.
- New Seasonal loading screen.
- Holiday music added.
- Seasonal obstacle now spawns in Home Village.
- Snow effect and snow-covered buildings, can be turned off in settings.
That’s it for our Clash of Clans update hub. Be sure to bookmark this article, as we’ll update it over the next few weeks and months with the latest releases!
Powered by WPeMatico