Google Duo is a great video chat app. It works well for one-to-one conversations, and group chats are super easy to set up too. But Google Duo offers more than just video calling, including the ability to send one-minute video messages.
If someone doesn’t answer your video call, Duo automatically lets you send a message instead. But sometimes you might want to send someone a quick video without calling them first. For those instances, you can simply send a video message to as many as 32 individuals and groups. Here’s how to do it.
Want to learn more about Google Duo? Check out our guide explaining what it is and how to use it.
How to send a video message in Google Duo
Sending a video message in Duo is super easy, and it only takes a few steps:
- Open the Google Duo app and permit it to access your microphone, camera, and contacts if you haven’t already.
- Swipe down on the middle of the screen to record a message.
- Tap on the Record button toward the bottom of your screen.
- Before you start recording, you can select from a slew of filters and effects to make your video more exciting.
- Tap the Stop button at the bottom when you are done. If your video lasts one minute, the recording will stop automatically.
- You can watch your video back and even type or draw on it — tap Next when you’re done.
- If you want, you can also tap Re-record to start over.
- Select up to 32 individual contacts or groups, and Send it off!
Alternatively, you can also send people and groups voice messages and notes by swiping left or right on the video recording screen. All three of the message types expire after 24 hours, so the recipients have an entire day to see what you send them. You can also delete or even save a message you send someone by opening their contact, long-pressing on the message, and tapping either Delete or Save.
That’s it! That’s how you send a video message using Google Duo.
Are you still looking for more video chat related content, tips, and tricks? Check these out:
- How to use Google Duo Effects and Filters
- 5 best video conferencing apps for Android
- Zoom Meetings: 10 tips and tricks you should know about
- How to delete a Zoom account
- 10 best video chat apps for Android!
- How to set up and use Zoom
- Houseparty: What is it and how it can help you stay socially connected
- How to create group calls in Google Duo
- Changing your Zoom background makes meetings more fun — Here’s how to do it
- Google Duo: How does it compare to WhatsApp, Skype, and other rivals
- How to use Google Hangouts: Set up work video meetings, chat with family, etc.
- 10 best FaceTime alternatives
- How to use Skype for personal and business calls and video conferencing