Update (04/17): In the wake of several US carriers pushing out the V30 Oreo update, it looks like T-Mobile users are in for a longer wait.
PhoneArena reports that the update was supposed to launch this week, but T-Mobile opted to delay it after LG “made a booboo” (and yes, that’s a real quote). The network added that it would probably take roughly two weeks to process the changes and hit the update button.
Update (03/28): Multiple users on Reddit are reporting that AT&T is now rolling out Android 8.0 Oreo to the LG V30. The update, which weighs roughly 1.8GB, brings along with it the March 2018 Android security patch and LG ThinQ features.
According to users on Reddit, this new update changes the boot animation and brings updated AI camera features. We’re not sure if any other “AI” features made their way to the V30 in this update, so be sure to sound off in the comments if you notice anything else!
Welcome to the LG V30 Android update tracker page. This page covers all major U.S. carriers with a quick reference table for each and a log with links to further details. It will be regularly updated with the latest LG V30 update information, but it won’t include general security patches on their own.
We recommend you bookmark this page so you can stay up to date with the very latest updates.
- Android 7.0 Nougat update tracker
- Android 8.0 Nougat update tracker
LG V30 Android Oreo update
As is usually the case with LG smartphones, South Korean V30 devices were the first to receive the big update to Android 8.0 Oreo back in December 2017.
The first U.S. carrier to roll out the update was Verizon on March 13, followed by Sprint on March 21. AT&T began rolling it out to the V30 on March 28, and T-Mobile still has yet to roll out any notable updates to the V30.
LG V30 update US
|LG V30 updates US||Android 7.1.2 Nougat||Android 8.0|
AT&T LG V30 update (H931):
- March 28, 2018: Multiple users on Reddit are reporting that AT&T is now rolling out Android 8.0 Oreo to the LG V30.
Verizon LG V30 update (VS996):
- March 13, 2018: Verizon begins rolling out Android 8.0 Oreo for LG V3o users. The 1.7 GB download also includes a new settings app and changes to the notifications window.
T-Mobile LG V30 update (H932):
- The LG V30 is yet to receive any noteworthy updates from T-Mobile.
Sprint LG V30 update (LS998, 128 GB model):
- March 21, 2018: Sprint starts rolling out Android 8.0 Oreo for LG V30 users. Update also includes March Android security patches.
International LG V30 update (H930/H933):
- December 26, 2017: LG releases stable Android 8.0 Oreo update for V30 users in South Korea.
If you’ve received an update we’ve missed, hit the comments below or tip us!
Powered by WPeMatico