Today, Nvidia announced the Shield Experience Upgrade 8.0 update for the Shield TV. The update finally brings Android 9 Pie to the Shield TV, the first Android TV device to get Google’s latest version of Android.
Pie streamlines the interface to make it easier to access your apps and settings. Along with an updated interface are updated colors, improved organization, and a streamlined set-up process. There’s also a heavier emphasis on Google Assistant, with an enlarged microphone icon and search area at the top of the main menu.
Also read: New Nvidia Shield TV passes by FCC, but what else do we know?
The update also highlights the updated Hulu with Live TV app. The interface is similar to what you’ll see on the smartphone and tablet versions of the app, with a horizontal list of categories and vertical lists of shows and movies. The updated Hulu with Live TV app will complete its rollout in the coming weeks.
Other goodies include 20 new GeForce Now games, three new Shield TV games, and more. Here’s the full changelog:
- Updates “Display and Sounds” advanced setting into two easier to navigate menus.
- Adds option to match content color space (Settings > Display & Sound > Advanced).
- Improved volume dynamic range for USB and Bluetooth connected headsets.
- Shield TV remote app adds Bluetooth assist for pairing and improves connection.
- Enables 720p refresh rate switching on supported apps.
- Adds “Disconnect Bluetooth accessories” option to quick settings.
- Adds IR power control options to customize on/off functionality.
- Adds option to turn off USB power when Shield sleeps.
- Adds option to connect to 2.4GHz or 5GHz Wi-Fi network with shared SSID.
- Latest accessory firmware versions:
- Shield controller (2017): v1.30
- Shield controller (2015): v1.96/99/3.71/0.32
- Shield remote (2017): v1.43
- Shield remote (2015): v1.36
More posts about Android TV
New Nvidia Shield TV passes by FCC, but what else do we know?
Android TV and Google Assistant both built into the JBL Link Bar
JBL Link Bar: Get your soundbar with Android TV and Assistant built-in now
Deal: Get the Xiaomi Mi Box S with $10 Vudu credit for $49.99 ($10 off)
10 best Android TV apps! (Updated 2019)
Evidence suggests new Nvidia Shield TV remote and controller on the way
Google Photos temporarily disabled on Android TV
You might be able to buy the JBL Link Bar someday
Google reportedly working on minimum requirements for Android TV
Sony will mash up Apple’s AirPlay 2 and HomeKit in its Android TVs in 2019
Powered by WPeMatico