- The OnePlus 6 will launch in India on May 21, the company announced.
- The new phone starts at 34,999 rupees, all the way to 44,999 rupees for the Avengers model.
- You’ll have to wait until May 29 for the Avengers model, the Chinese brand said.
OnePlus is a huge brand in India, accounting for almost a third of the premium smartphone market at last count. The company isn’t resting on its laurels either, having announced the OnePlus 6 for the market today.
The phone will be available from May 21 in India, starting at 34,999 rupees (~$517) for the 6GB RAM/64GB model and 39,999 rupees (~$590) for the 8GB RAM/128GB variant. The Avengers model, which offers 8GB of RAM and 256GB of storage, has a price tag of 44,999 rupees (~$664). You’ll need to wait until May 29 to get your hands on this one, however.
All three color options announced at the global launch will be making their way to India, OnePlus said, but you’ll have to wait roughly three weeks for the Silk White variant to show up.
The Chinese brand is also bringing its Bullet earphones to the country, retailing for 3,999 rupees (~$59).
What to expect from OnePlus 6?
The OnePlus 6 offers a Snapdragon 845 processor, 6GB or 8GB of RAM, and up to 256GB of non-expandable storage. A 3,300mAh non-removable battery with DashCharge keeps the lights on.
The new phone also packs a notch on its 6.28-inch 2,280 x 1,080 (19:9) AMOLED screen. Fortunately, OnePlus didn’t go full 2018 and drop the headphone jack.
Cameras are arguably the weakest part of any OnePlus phone, but the company seems to have done a great job on paper. A dual camera setup appears on the rear, comprised of a 16MP f/1.7 1.22μm pixel shooter with OIS and a 20MP f/1.7 1μm pixel secondary shooter. A 16MP front-facing camera will handle all your selfies.
Video recording has also seen some love on the OnePlus 6, serving 4K/60fps, 720p/480fps, and 1080p/240fps quality settings. Sure, its not 960fps video like Sony, Samsung or Huawei, but you’ve certainly got plenty of options.
Other prominent specs include a rear fingerprint scanner, dual SIM slots, NFC and USB Type-C support. But those expecting water resistance will be sorely disappointed.
For more on the OnePlus 6:
- OnePlus 6 hands-on: Glass on glass
- OnePlus 6 officially announced
- OnePlus 6 pricing, availability, and release date deals
- OnePlus 6 color comparison: midnight black, mirror black, silk white
- OnePlus Bullets Wireless have fast charging and magnetic controls
Powered by WPeMatico