Update, July 8, 2019 (04:45 PM ET): OnePlus just pushed out another update to the unlocked variant of the OnePlus 7 Pro. The update — OxygenOS v9.5.9 — arrives less than three weeks after the previous update.
This newest update is enormous with multiple improvements, bug fixes, and tweaks. There aren’t any big new features added, but the general usability of the device is getting a sweet overhaul. Also, the June 2019 Android security patch is along for the ride.
Check out the official changelog below:
- Improved touch sensitivity for greater performance
- Smoother visual effects
- Optimized haptic feedback for the keyboard
- Optimized the sensitivity of automatic brightness
- Optimized auto-switch of display resolution
- Optimized the speed and accuracy of GPS when the screen is turned off
- Adjusted haptic feedback of third-party app notifications
- Added Face Unlock assistive lighting (Settings – Security & lock screen – Face Unlock – Face Unlock assistive lighting)
- Increased sound enhancement for OnePlus Bullets Wireless 2 (Settings – Sound & vibration – Dolby Atmos – Earphone Adjustment – Earphone Sound Enhancement)
- Updated Android security patch to 2019.06
- Support VoLTE/VoWiFi for 3 SE and Telenor SE (EEA Only)
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Improved the performance of camera mode while switching from front to back
- Improved speed of auto-focus
- Advanced photo-stitching in Panorama mode
- Improved photo quality of 48MP JPG in Pro mode
As usual, OnePlus is doing a staggered rollout for v9.5.8. As such, it might be a few days before you see the upgrade notification on your device. If you want to manually check for the update, head to Settings > System > System updates.
Previous coverage: Welcome to the OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro updates hub. Here, you’ll find everything you need to know about the latest Android updates for the two devices, including their current versions and when future updates are likely to arrive.
Both the 7 and 7 Pro run OxygenOS, OnePlus’ proprietary Android skin. OxygenOS is known for fast updates that come for a very long time, so be sure to bookmark this page and visit often.
Note the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro sometimes receive updates at the same time. Also, note that the T-Mobile variant of the OnePlus 7 Pro might receive software updates at a later date.
OnePlus 7 and OnePlus 7 Pro updates
- Current stable version: Android 9 Pie
- When will the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro get Android Q? September 2019 – November 2019 (estimated)
The OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro launched on May 14, 2019, with the then-latest version of Android, Android 9 Pie. It’s expected both devices will receive at least two major Android updates in the future — Android Q in 2019 and Android R in 2020. It’s possible that it will also receive an update to Android S in 2021, as the OnePlus 3T received four flavors of Android during its update lifespan (Marshmallow, Nougat, Oreo, and Pie).
Based on OnePlus’ history of updates — as well as the fact that OnePlus is already pushing beta versions of Android Q to the devices — the phones are likely to receive the final version of Android Q shortly after it’s released. Google is expected to release Android Q sometime around this August.
|Android Q||Android R|
|OnePlus 7 Pro — U.S. unlocked||TBA||TBA|
|OnePlus 7 Pro — T-Mobile||TBA||TBA|
|OnePlus 7 Pro — International unlocked||TBA||TBA|
|OnePlus 7 — International unlocked||TBA||TBA|
Let us know which OnePlus 7/7 Pro update you’re rocking in the comments, and if you’ve spotted a recent update we’ve missed, tip us!
Looking for another device update? Head to our general Android 9 Pie update tracker at the link.
Powered by WPeMatico