The OnePlus 7 Pro is one of our favorite smartphones of 2019 thus far, even if the camera quality didn’t meet our expectations. Fortunately, the brand is taking action with a new update, delivering several key improvements.
The OnePlus 7 Pro update (Oxygen OS 9.5.4.GM21AA) was spotted on our review unit, and weighs in at just 182MB. In terms of standout tweaks, the firm said it improved photo quality in HDR and low-light scenarios. You can check out the changelog below.
- Optimized Double Tap To Wake and Ambient Display
- Optimized audio delay with the Bluetooth headset when playing games
- General bug fixes and improvements
- Improved image quality in HDR scenarios
- Improved image quality in low light
- Fixed white balance issue in several scenarios
- Fixed focus issue in several scenarios
The improvements come a few days after the firm pledged to deliver camera-related tweaks, also detailing its testing procedure in the process.
“Every time when there is a photo sent to us due to negative feedback, our engineers are requested to find the same light condition and object of same color and texture to simulate the photo in order to reproduce the same problem,” a staff member noted on the forum, adding that it received dozens of photos each day.
This OnePlus 7 Pro update also arrives after it emerged that the phone is using a 13MP 2.2x telephoto zoom camera, cropping the image to deliver 3x “lossless” zoom at 8MP.
NEXT: Arm Cortex-A77 — Everything you need to know
Powered by WPeMatico