This week saw a few big announcements, most notably the OnePlus 7T Pro. It’s incredibly similar to the OnePlus 7 Pro from earlier in the year, with the notable exception that it won’t be available in the United States.
Essential’s controversial founder Andy Rubin also tweeted out a new device this week, which despite appearances is in fact a phone and not a remote control. HTC CEO Yves Maitres mentioned that the company is looking to get back into the premium smartphone market, but it’s unlikely that HTC will ever climb back to the heights of 2013’s HTC One M7.
One the review front, we published our reviews of the OnePlus 7T Pro, Vivo V17 Pro, Motorola One Action, Samsung Galaxy M30s, Redmi 8, and Huawei Watch GT 2. Techtober is indeed in full swing.
Here are the top 10 Android stories of the week
- OnePlus 7T Pro review: Very good, but too similar? — Our OnePlus 7T Pro review will help you decide if OnePlus’ most powerful flagship is right for you.
- Vivo V17 Pro review: Six fun cameras, one mediocre phone — Is the Vivo V17 Pro a mid-range camera king? Maybe, but the rest of the phone is sorely lacking.
- Motorola One Action review: Action camera hero or budget flop? — Motorola’s latest Android One device brings a GoPro-like action camera to a budget smartphone.
- Samsung Galaxy M30s review: Swing and miss — The Galaxy M30s is a perfectly average mid-ranger that does the essentials, and little else.
- Redmi 8 review: It’s a side-grade really — Can a huge battery and massively improved design overcome a lacklustre camera?
- Huawei Watch GT 2 review: Great hardware, limited software — The Huawei Watch GT 2 has entered the scene with some fancy new hardware, but will that be enough?
- Huawei Watch GT 2: Why I prefer a dumb smartwatch — The reason I like my current smartwatch so much is specifically because it’s not all that smart.
- Galaxy Note 10 Lite rumored again: Does it make sense? — The Galaxy Note 10 Lite doesn’t seem to make sense in Samsung’s current strategy. But that could change soon.
- It’s been 3 weeks since Android 10 ‘rolled out’ to the OnePlus 7 and 7 Pro — We’ve heard of slow rollouts before, but three weeks? OnePlus isn’t telling us something.
- AA photography essentials — This is a list of our favorite photography essentials. We know first hand that gear can get expensive, so picking the right products is key.
Learn more on the Android Authority Podcast
This week on the podcast we discuss Essential’s new half-phone, Instagram’s latest app, and Google cracking down on future phones not running Android 10. Listen to the full episode below!
Want to receive the weekly podcast on your device? Subscribe using your favorite player below!
Google Podcasts – iTunes – Pocket Casts
Who wants to win a OnePlus 7T Pro?
This week, we’re giving away a brand new OnePlus 7T Pro smartphone. Enter this week’s Sunday giveaway for your chance to win!
Don’t miss these videos
That’s it, folks! We’ll have another giveaway and more top Android stories for you next week. To stay up to date on all things Android Authority in the meantime, be sure to subscribe to our newsletters at the link below.
Powered by WPeMatico